The ESA Summer Workshop for Teachers 2012
ESA is organising the third in a series of summer workshops for science teachers of students between 12 and 18 years of age. The 2012 workshop, will be held at ESA’s European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), Noordwijk, the Netherlands, from 10 to 13 July.
Develop new skills and network with teachers from across Europe
During this Workshop, participants will be presented with innovative and inspiring methods using space as a means for engaging students with the sciences. In addition to networking with their peers from across Europe, participants will have the opportunity to gain new skills that will enhance their teaching methods and refresh existing lessons.
The workshop aims to:
• Introduce and explain ESA’s educational resources, such as classroom materials, teaching tools and scientific data to motivated teachers.
• Enable participating teachers to make use of these resources in their classrooms.
• Encourage participants to disseminate the resources and knowledge gained at the workshop to other teachers.
• Establish a network of teachers to support ESA’s education activities and provide feedback on new resources.
Terms of participation
Teachers applying to attend the 2012 workshop agree that, if selected, they will carry out the activities listed below, following their participation.
1. Demonstrate active dissemination of knowledge acquired at the workshop by organising at least two workshops for other teachers (the first should take place within 6 months of the ESA workshop).
2. Take action to promote ESA education resources, for example, at teacher conferences, to other schools, through publication of articles, in newsletters, blogs, websites etc.
3. Complete a dissemination form issued by ESA, one year after the workshop, reporting on the actions taken in points 1 and 2 above.