Colour and Light in the Ocean from Earth Observation (CLEO)
Relevance and Applications Products from Space and Perspectives from Models
6 – 8 September 2016 | ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Rome (Italy)
Co-organized by ESA, PML
The European Space Agency, in the context of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element, and PML are organising a workshop, called Colour and Light in the Ocean from Earth Observation: Relevance and Applications; Products from Space and Perspectives from Models" hosted at ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy.
The workshop is sponsored through selected SEOM projects, including:
- Pools of Carbon in the Ocean (POCO);
- Photosynthetically Active Radiation and Primary Production (PPP);
- Extreme Case-2 Waters (C2X).
Additional partner projects of ESA are:
- Marine Photosynthesis Parameters from Space (MAPPS), a Pathfinder STSE (Support to Science Element) project;
- Ocean Colour Climate Change Initiative (OC-CCI) through the CCI (Climate Change Initiative);
- Synergistic Exploitation of Hyper-and Multispectral Sentinel-Measurements to Determine Phytoplankton Functional Types (PFT) (SynSenPFT)